Or if you’re short of time, why not donate a small gift, food or some clothing instead?
Lots of charities and community groups need your help at this time of year with things like fundraising activities and providing support and festive cheer to lonely and isolated people, or those who don’t have spare money for gifts and trimmings. This means that there are lots of seasonal opportunities for you to share your time and goodwill, throughout Kirklees, between now and mid-January. You can give anything from a couple of hours to a full day of your time to something worthwhile, or even give a gift or donation if you don’t have much spare time. You can:
- donate everything from toys, to food, to socks and school bags for Xmas and Winter collections
- help with festive fundraising activities
- support Christmas lunches and parties
- share a mince pie with someone who is lonely or isolated
- and even wrap presents or collect and recycle Christmas trees!
Take a look at the full list below, or keep an eye on the website, Facebook page or Twitter profile for details of longer term and regular volunteering roles.