A huge thank you to everyone who has been in touch to offer help in the current crisis, and to those of you who’ve given your time to help others. We have been amazed by your generosity!
The NHS no longer needs extra volunteers to help with the COVID19 emergency response, but you can still register to volunteer locally via Kirklees Council and you can still volunteer time, money and goods to local groups who need your help. Find out more below…
And don’t forget – you can still use the Kirklees Council emergency helpline or online form if you need to ask for help for yourself or someone else.
Call free on 0800 4561114 (8am to 6pm weekdays, 10am to 4pm weekends and bank holidays).
how Can I Help?
2. You can donate money or goods to:
- Local food banks or other groups who are supporting people in isolation (find your local group here)
- The National Emergencies Trust Coronavirus Appeal. This money is being given to communities across the UK who need emergency funding, including in Kirklees.
- Your favourite local charity. Many have lost valuable income as they can’t hold fundraising events, can’t run their normal activities and can’t open charity shops and cafes. Some are holding fundraising events online and others have set-up crowdfunding campaigns and appeals for donations.
Please remember though, that even if you want to volunteer you still need to adhere to the Government guidelines on social distancing and only going out for emergency health or social care needs, essential shopping and exercise. This is why many groups are asking for donations or help with calling people who need a friend.
If you need to speak to us, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Becky on 07776 588 691
I’m Looking for Volunteers
If your organisation needs urgent help you can also:
(8am to 6pm weekdays, 10am to 4pm weekends and bank holidays)
This is particularly for all the new Covid19 Mutual Aid groups and other informal groups who are supporting people in their local communities.
If your need is urgent, please flag this on your call or form so that your request can be prioritised.
- Or if you are an established organisation that needs extra volunteers to help out to keep services running (perhaps because you have member of staff or volunteers who are self-isolating) or you are offering new services to help with the community response, you can:
to our website and list your roles as normal.
Please choose COVID-19 as the opportunity type so that we can make sure that people can find them easily.
If you need help with this, please email email@example.com
or call Sharron on 07776 588 699
TSL Kirklees: Support for Organisations
If your organisation needs urgent support or information, please contact our TSL Kirklees team:
In particular, we’ve set up specific links to help you find details of:
which we’ll update regularly.
Best wishes and stay safe from
The VK & TSL Kirklees Teams