About this opportunity
This role involves visiting blind and partially sighted people in their homes in Kirklees, installing their new radio and teaching them how to use it as well as providing ongoing support, where needed. This role also involves a small amount of admin.
Each visit will take around 2 hours to complete. They envisage there will be around 1-2 visits per month.
What does the role involve?
– Contact recipients by phone to agree appointment time
– Visit people in their homes nad install the audio equipment
– Give instruction and demonstration of the equipment
– Complete paperwork for each visit
– Make follow-up telephone call, and if required arrange further visit and training
– Collect broken sets and arrange repairs
– Deliver replacement sets to existing clients
You’ll receive full training, full expenses, the chance to gain valuable experience within a national charity, and provide support to blind and partially sighted people within your community.
About the organisation
British Wireless for the Blind provide specially adapted audio equipment that blind and partially sighted people can use independently.
What are they looking for?
– Someone patient
– IT knowledge and advantage but not essential
– Full, clean driving license
– Good communicator
Date and details
They require a minimum of six months commitment
A DBS check will be required
Travel and meal expenses are provided
Must have access to your own vehicle
How to apply