About this opportunity
- General Volunteer – working within a friendly, busy environment, volunteer can choose which of the following tasks they would like; take in donations of food, sort donations and place in the correct part of the store, making up the packs according to advisory chits, prepare stocks of packs, meet clients collecting packs at reception/provide a listening ear, take referrals by telephone, support the new warehouse site.
- Book-Keeper – required to assist with the entry of data into a standard double entry book keeping system (Quickbooks), and with the maintenance of a cross referenced paper copy record of all remittances and invoices. Typically TWC may need to record 60-100 transactions per month.
- Admin Assistant – required to offer admin support to the centre manager.
- General Volunteer Warehouse Based – working within a friendly, busy environment at their second site; taking in donations of food, record stock accurately, date check and sort donations and place in the correct part of the warehouse, lifting and moving trays of tinned products, support staff at the new warehouse site.
- Donation Collector – collect donated items from a variety of locations across South Kirklees and deliver to either their town centre location or warehouse in Lockwood.
About the organisation
The Welcome Centre are a small registered charity that provides practical, short-term support to help local people who are in crisis and who have been referred to them by a front-line service in Kirklees. They offer basic essentials such as food, toiletries, household items and bedding as well as a listening ear and information about where to get further help.
What are they looking for?
Ability to work within a team, able to work within a busy store, able to work unsupervised if needed. A non-judgmental attitude, listening skills and communication skills. Good timekeeping and reliability. Positive attitude and friendly approach.
Depending on the role: Physically fit and able to lift, warehouse experience, knowledge of Microsoft Office, computer literacy, professional telephone manner, a good level of English,
Date and details
All roles between Mon – Fri
Commitment between 1 – 10 hours per week depending on role
Training and support given
Travel expenses paid