About this opportunity
• Meeting, greeting and assisting parents/carers and their children arriving for clinic (including letting through a locked main front door)
• Notifying the therapy team when their patients have arrived and guiding/chaperoning them to the clinic room
• Carrying out ‘Family & Friends’ feedback, ‘Patient Opinion’ and any other questionnaires with patients after clinic sessions
• Helping the therapy team set/tidy up rooms before/after sessions, including cleaning toys and therapy equipment (to maintain infection control standards)
• Carrying out small ad-hoc admin tasks e.g. photocopying and distributing patient information packages
About the organisation
Locala Community Partnerships is a community interest company, providing NHS healthcare services to the people of Kirklees and beyond. They are all about the community they serve, based on the needs of the individual and built on the values of working together, respect and leadership.
What are they looking for?
• Friendly and approachable
• Confident approaching strangers
• *Confident interacting with children with complex needs (essential)
• Organised and able to use own initiative
• Willing to embrace new learning opportunities (e.g. Makaton training)
Date and details
*Volunteers need to be aware that children attending the centre with their parent/carer may have a variety of complex medical conditions and/or disabilities, which could include physical/mobility, speech/ communication.
As part of the initial induction, safeguarding procedures will be discussed and the volunteer will be advised who to contact if they have any safeguarding concerns.
**Morning shift: 9:00am till 12:00pm, afternoon shift: 1:00 till 4:00pm
All our volunteers are required to complete the following eLearning modules during the first 6 weeks of volunteering:
o Safeguarding Adults
o Safeguarding Children
o Fire Safety Awareness
o Health, Safety & Welfare
o Infection Prevention & Control
o Introduction to Dementia Awareness
Locala will arrange for IT access to complete these.
Out of pocket expenses can be reimbursed (43p per mile, public transport fees, car parking fees).