About this opportunity
Alongside the intensive range of support that they offer their clients, they are also focused on engaging their clients in meaningful and informative workshops that will educate and encourage positive wellbeing and independent living. Therefore, they would like to develop an allotment at Clare House.
The volunteer would be expected to:
* Attend the allotment regularly.
* Create and encourage a small team of clients to engage in the maintenance of the allotment.
* Mentor and support clients to learn how to dig, weed, plant, sow seeds, grow and harvest.
About the organisation
Stonham Home Group provide supported living accommodation to the homeless. They currently house 22 homeless adults at their Huddersfield hostel called Clare House. Their clients are aged 22 years and upwards and are both male and female, some with drug and alcohol dependencies, mental health issues and a range of other health problems.
Their promise sets out the standards our customers and clients can expect from us.
* A decent home.
* Value for money.
* A safe place to live.
* A choice of products and services.
* Reliable services.
* Clear information and opportunities to influence.
* People who care.
Their Mission is to help their customers and clients to open doors to new opportunities and healthy lives. They achieve their mission by.
* Improving the quality of housing for our customers and clients through the provision of reliable and fit-for-purpose housing and housing services.
* Improving access to affordable housing by increasing the supply of housing through building more homes.
* Providing accommodation-based interventions which support aspects of our clients’ mental and physical health and welfare.
Their strategic themes help them to know when they’ve succeeded:
* Customers and clients tell them what matters most to them and trust us to deliver their promises.
* They are commercially aware and building a financially stronger Home Group.
* Their colleagues work together to fulfil their mission and deliver Housing with Care.
What are they looking for?
Essential Skills: Good time keeping / Flexible and reliable / Able to work with and alongside vulnerable adults / able to use appropriate tools and equipment relevant to your role / Communicate skills
Desirable Skills: Mentoring and leading others / Manual Handling skills / Experience working in a gardening or allotment environment / Knowledge of Health & Safety
Date and details
Volunteers would be expected to give at least 1 hour per week over at least a 6 week period on either Monday or Thursday afternoons or both.
DBS police checks will be required.
Must be over age 21 Yrs.
Internal training is available.
Disabled Access is available to toilets (lifts), Clare House has wheelchair access and is adapted. The Training Officer can support volunteers with learning disabilities.
Travel expenses can be available.
How to apply
Apply online here
T: 0300 304 7936