About this opportunity
At a glance:
Teenage Cancer Trust are looking for volunteers with a ready smile and a few hours to spare to greet Aldi customers and raise money in stores across the country in order to raise funds for Teenage Cancer Trust. Right now, for every young person they reach, there’s another they can’t, and this partnership opportunity with Aldi will really help them to change that.
About the organisation
Teenage Cancer Trust believes young people’s lives shouldn’t stop because they have cancer, so they treat them as young people first, cancer patients second. They exist to improve the quality of life and chances of survival for the six young people aged between 13 and 24 diagnosed with cancer every day in the UK. They want to make sure every one of them has access to the best possible care and professional support from the point of diagnosis.But they can’t do it alone. They need your help!
What are they looking for?
What will I do?
• Raise essential funds for Teenage Cancer Trust in your local Aldi store
• Help engage the public with our work
• Be a friendly and approachable face of the charity
What will I gain?
• Support from a dedicated member of staff in your role
• Become part of an exciting volunteering community at Teenage Cancer Trust
• Ultimately help Teenage Cancer Trust to reach more young people with cancer
What skills do I need?
• Enthusiasm and a passion for the work of Teenage Cancer Trust
• A positive attitude and the ability to engage with the general public
• Reliability and punctuality
Date and details
Time Commitment: Either 10:00 – 13:00 or 13:00 – 16:00 on Saturday 3 June 2017
Location: Aldi, Gallagher Retail Park, Wakefield Road, Huddersfield, HD5 0AN
Responsible to: Aldi store manager
To apply: Please email email@example.com or call 0207 612 0370 for a chat about the role