About this opportunity
This opportunity is based out of their Charity Shop at 21 Albany Road, Dalton, Huddersfield, Hd5 9UY, and is available Mon – Fri.
The volunteer duties will include:
- Helping the van driver to deliver items to and from shops
- Helping the van driver to collect items from around the area
- Helping to empty or refill the van with items
Training will be available and, such training as “Movement and Handling” will need to be attended.
About the organisation
Kirkwood Hospice cares for the terminally ill and provides holistic care.
What are they looking for?
Volunteers need to;
- be honest, reliable and understand the necessity for maintaining confidentiality
- be aware that you are representative of the Hospice at all times
- be responsible when handling items of value and cash and not to leave such items unattended
- be aware of Hospice policies & procedures relevant to volunteers
- as many goods are offered as donations after bereavement, volunteers need to show understanding and consideration towards donors.
Date and details
Volunteers generally need to be fit and strong
How to apply
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01484 557900