Giving or getting a new bike this Christmas? It’s easy to donate your old one to award-winning local project Streetbikes.
They help hundreds of local people to get into cycling. Children, adults and whole families are peddling their way to better health every day thanks to Streetbikes.
Streetbikes runs regular events to encourage people of all abilities to cycle together, to get out and improve their physical and mental health.
They are very proud of the difference they make including helping:
- People suffering from anxiety and depression to return to work after long-term sickness
• Cancer patients recovering from invasive treatments to regain balance and confidence
• Autistic people to gain the confidence to ride on two wheels
• People who have had a stroke relearning to ride
• Young people to learn to ride and get a recycled bike.
• Structure and routine for people with mental health conditionsThey are a Community Interest Community. See their website for more details.
Simply take your old bike to you local council refuse site and Streetbikes will collect it, take it back to their Milnsbridge HQ, do it up and then offer it to local people who are not in a financial position to buy their own.
Streetbikes collect donated bikes on a Wednesday from; Meltham, HUDDERSFIELD, Dewsbury, Cumberworth and Birstall.