About this opportunity
This is a great chance to volunteer for an established service, increase your skills, and help improve the lives of others and is a good chance to meet new people. The only qualification needed is your desire to help someone in need. Training will be given.
Key Tasks (all undertaken with full support and supervision of the facilitator)
• Support and encourage people to communicate and explore feelings using storytelling techniques, art, photos, objects from the past, smells & music.
• Help develop the group if required.
• Arrange the activities and make sure you have everything required on the day.
• Undergo training.
About the organisation
We provide person centered advocacy services for carers, older people, people with mental health needs, learning disabilities, physical & sensory impairments and people who have acquired brain injuries. Our advocacy services are independent and confidential.
What are they looking for?
Qualities, Skills, Experience & Qualifications required:
• An interest in working with people with learning disabilities, living with dementia, physical and multiple disabilities or mental health conditions
• Be friendly, outgoing. Energetic, chatty and have a positive approach
• Be able to use plain English (other languages will be helpful in some groups)
• Willing to be creative
• Be patient and give people time to speak
• Be able to support and encourage individuals
• Level 2 or above in English and Maths
• Good organisational skills
• Driver with business car insurance preferred not essential.
• Experience with older people and dementia preferred not essential
Date and details
Time required for role: 3hrs including travel time, once a fortnight.
Out of pocket expenses will be paid, for travel to and from your volunteering.
How to apply
Apply online here